Monday, January 15, 2007

Tip #5 - Track Those Visitors

Now that you have your writing up on your blog and you've added yourself to sites which will help you gain traffic, your next step is to track your visitors. Unfortunately for Blogspot users, there is no included way for blog owners to track the people that come to their blog. Don't worry though, there are plenty of good, free options.

Google Analytics:
This is the first one because, well, its the best one. It offers in-depth analysis, as well as showing the locations of your visitors, how many are unique and returning visitors, and from where the visitors were referred to your blog. Here's a screenshot of Google Analytics.

StatCounter - This free site offers almost as many tools as Google. However, I had trouble configuring it on this blog. Here's a screenshot:


Once you pick a website to supply you with data on your visitors, just copy and paste the code they give you anywhere in your HTML source.

Those are the two major stat counters for bloggers because of their ease of use and how good they are. If you want more options, go here.

Good luck!

P.S. If you would like to exchange links with this blog, just leave a comment and I'll get back to you.
===========
I know that some of you have the intent on making money from your blog. Here is a website that pays you for posting in discussions on the website. It has been verified as a good website to trust and has paid many people a lot of money. Check it out - mylot.com . Click the link, sign up, and start posting. From one post (which took less then 30 seconds, I made $.05. With all the time I have, I can make a lot more!

No comments:

Request Blog

If you would like me to address a certain topic or issue that concerns blogging, just leave me a comment with your question or topic request. Be sure to include your email or subscribe to my Feedblitz service so that you can be notified when I address your question.