- Who can you trust?
- Who is the authority on the website?
- Who says so?
- What evidence is there that this information is correct?
According to a survey taken by a major magazine (The professor didn't say which one), there are certain things people look for in determining whether a website or blog can be trusted.
Here they are:
- They look at the domain name. If it a .com, .net, etc. they are more willing to trust it then if the domain was from a free site (but you can trust me :) )
- They look at the design of the graphics on the website
- They look at the Navigation that is provided to move around on the website
- They look at the Links and other tools on the website. The links should be working.
- They look at its currency - How current is the website? Has it been updated recently?
- They look at the breadth or depth of the information contained on the site.
- Finally, they look at the authority. Who is writing the blog or website?
I would like any feedback you have on the new template for the blog? Is it good? Bad?