Friday, June 13, 2008

Your Writing

So far, we’ve addressed issues such as design, making money, linking, SEO, etc. While thinking of something that I could write about, it dawned on me that I had not touched on something that is an integral part of blogging: Your writing. Let me admit something to you. I like writing. I enjoy reading and I enjoy writing. That’s why writing about blogging comes so naturally to me. And I have gotten many comments from readers about how easy my blog posts are to read and understand. Let me now teach you how to make YOUR writing the best it can be.

PART I

1) Remember who your readers are – Write for your readers. If your blog is about farming, then feel free to use farming terms that the average person living in the city may not know. And that’s alright, because a city Joe who finds your blog isn’t going to be interested in farming if you have technical farming terms or not. If your blog is more of a jack-of-all-trades blog, then be careful to explain any terms you feel a certain group of your readers may not know.

2) Write matter of factly - This one is pretty simple. Just remember that you’re writing on a blog and not an encyclopedia.

3) Proofread - Another simple tip. Read and re-read and re-re-read your work. Check for typos. Writing a blog post in Microsoft Word is helpful because of the spelling and grammar corrections it can make.



Good luck blogging!

No comments:

Request Blog

If you would like me to address a certain topic or issue that concerns blogging, just leave me a comment with your question or topic request. Be sure to include your email or subscribe to my Feedblitz service so that you can be notified when I address your question.