- Your Comments - Look at the comments your readers have left you. Somewhere inside those comments are inspiration for to take and run with.
- Visit Other People's Blogs - If it is a random blog, or a favorite blog, looking at other blogs will help you generate ideas immensely. Don't just read the posts, read the comments.
- Visit Websites - Look at news websites, find a story, and stick your opinion into it. Look up photos on Flickr.Com or Deviantart.Com.
- Think about something unique. Your first car, first love, first thing woven, etc.
- Make a Top 10 List. Make it about quotes from a TV show, or something else that has to do with your blog.
- Go Out - Go outside! Look for people doing something funny, funny occurrences, etc. The world is full of goofy people just waiting to be written about.
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Tip #12 - What to Do When You Can't Think
So you're writing good, quality blogs everyday. You have a strong readership that you want to keep happy. You sit down at your computer, take a sip of your favorite drink, and stare at a blank, white space. And you can't think of what to write. You look at your clock, and look back at the screen. You need to shoot out this post. Here is what you do:
If you would like me to address a certain topic or issue that concerns blogging, just leave me a comment with your question or topic request. Be sure to include your email or subscribe to my Feedblitz service so that you can be notified when I address your question.