Thursday, September 17, 2020

Blogging in the Times of Coronavirus

Here we are. In my wildest dreams I never imagined when I started this blog that I'd be updating it in 2020 during a global pandemic, but here we are. Things have changed, but they've also remained the same. Wordpress and Blogger are still king in the blogging world; they've definitely settled in as the leaders with few contenders trying to dethrone them. Everyone wants to be heard, just these days it is on TikTok and video instead of traditional typed words using blogs. But there is something therapeutic about hearing that click of the key (like the typewriter in the old days) and letting the words go from mind to screen. Instead of a highly edited video on TikTok, the blog allows for unedited thoughts without the need for video editing skills. 

 The interfaces may have changed but many things have remained the same. Here's to blogging and getting out of this thing alive.

No comments:

Request Blog

If you would like me to address a certain topic or issue that concerns blogging, just leave me a comment with your question or topic request. Be sure to include your email or subscribe to my Feedblitz service so that you can be notified when I address your question.